What are My Options?
Schedule Adjustment Refunds
Students who drop units before the Add/Drop deadline causing their enrollment status to change from full-time (more than 6 units) to part-time (6 or fewer units) shall receive a refund of Basic Tuition & Fees for the difference.
Additionally, students who drop units before the Add/Drop deadline will receive a refund of applicable Non-Resident Tuition and Professional Program Fees.
A refund administrative fee of $21 will be withheld from all Schedule Adjustment Refunds. Schedule Adjustment Refunds are processed after the University Census date (refer to Academic Calendar). Students do not need to file a refund application.
Special Circumstance Refunds
Students will receive a full refund (with no fee withheld) of Tuition and mandatory fees under the following circumstances:
- The Tuition and Fees were assessed or collected in error
- The course for which Tuition and Fees were assessed or collected was canceled by the University
- The University makes a delayed decision that the student was not eligible to enroll in the term for which Tuition and Fees were assessed or collected, and the decision was not due to incomplete or inaccurate information provided by the student
- The student was activated for compulsory military service
Refunds are processed in the same form in which a payment was made:
- Checks, money orders, certified funds, cash, and debit payments will receive a refund in the form of a check from SDSU (sent to the address on file with the Registrar)
- Electronic check (ACH) payments will receive a refund back to the account used for payment
- Credit card payments will receive a refund back to the credit card used for payment
- Third party (employer, government, sponsor, etc.) payments will be refunded back to the third party per sections 41802 of Title 5 in the CA Code of Regulations and the Return to Title IV calculations
Parking Permit Refunds
Refund applications for parking are processed by the Parking & Transportation Office. Students who return their parking permit to Parking & Transportation may be eligible for a refund rounded down to the nearest dollar. No refund is made for amounts of less than $5. For more information please refer to the Permits page.